Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga, which translates to “The thief has escaped,” is a gripping heist thriller film in the Hindi language that hit the screens on March 24, 2023. Produced by Amar Kaushik and directed by Ajay Singh, the movie stars the talented duo of Yami Gautam and Sunny Kaushal in the lead roles, alongside a talented supporting cast.
Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga: Star cast
In the Indian heist thriller film Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga, Yami Gautam played the character of Neha Grover, while Sunny Kaushal portrayed Ankit Sethi. The film also featured talented actors such as Sharad Kelkar, who played the role of RAW officer Parvez Shaikh, Indraneil Sengupta as Sudhanshu Roy and Barun Chanda who played the role of Home Minister Harish Sanyal. With their captivating performances, the cast delivered an intriguing and gripping film
Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga: Plot
The plot of the movie revolves around Ankit Sethi, the owner of a diamond insurance company who owes a huge debt due to the company’s misplaced diamonds worth ₹20 crores. He meets Neha Grover, a flight attendant and they both fall in love. After Neha announces that she is pregnant, Ankit proposes to her, but they both are attacked by goons working for the client to whom Ankit owes the debt. Neha is severely injured, leading to her miscarriage.
In an attempt to pay back the debt, they both plan to rob a courier who is smuggling diamonds from Al-Barkat to India, but they encounter hijackers who seize the plane, leading to a series of twists and turns. The movie holds the key to finding out whether or not Neha and Ankit were successful in their heist.
Janiye song from Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga
What are the strengths and weaknesses of the film?
- The premise of the film is exciting and unique, combining the elements of heist and hijack, which makes for an interesting idea.
- The character introductions are done nicely and Yami Gautam delivers a compelling performance as an air hostess who becomes embroiled in a dangerous situation.
- The cinematography by Gianni Giannelli is good and the production values are adequate.
- The film starts off well and has a few interesting moments.
- The execution of the hijack lacks conviction and comes across as silly, reducing the impact of the film immensely.
- The pacing of the film is fast, which gives the impression that everything ends abruptly. The film is wrapped up in just 100 minutes and the editing could have been better.
- The twists in the plot are predictable and the mid and final portions of the film are underwhelming after a promising start.
- The potential of the concept is not thoroughly utilized, which makes the film an okayish fare.
Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga: The final verdict
Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga is a film that offers an interesting concept of combining a heist and hijack to create a thrilling storyline. The premise of the film is its biggest strength and it manages to hook the audience in the beginning. Yami Gautam, who plays the role of Neha, an air hostess, delivers an impressive performance, once again showcasing her acting prowess. She carries the film on her shoulders and keeps the audience engaged throughout.